A native of Fort Worth, Brian Brisco joined Cantey Hanger in 2010 after graduating from Baylor Law School. Brian’s practice focuses primarily on litigation and appellate work and he is particularly interested in legal issues related to education, religion, and non-profit organizations.
- Won an important eviction battle involving a complex and prominent commercial/entertainment venue and received a highly contested and technical eviction. Was also able to convince the Court to issue an appeal bond much higher than the standard rate which essentially prevented the tenant from appealing.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of hospital in a premises liability case
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of a health care provider in an improper credentialing and medical malpractice case
- Lead litigation attorney at mediation where final settlement for my client was more than three times the opposing party’s initial offer
- Successfully and creatively negotiated dismissal of a non-compete lawsuit, saving my client the cost of extensive discovery and trial