Prior to becoming an attorney, Carol was a Registered Nurse, a background that provided unique experience in the area of medical malpractice and health law, and gives her unique understanding of the complex cases she handles for her clients. She represents doctors, hospitals, nursing homes and health care professionals involved in catastrophic injury, construction, premises liability, and other personal injury cases, as well as handling claims of negligence, negligent credentialing and license challenges. She also assists corporate clients in general litigation matters. Carol is licensed in Texas.
- Has tried approximately 30 cases to verdict, including medical cases, premises liability cases, product liability cases, and personal injury cases
- Works on the defense of construction cases filed in Texas
- Defends Texas business owners in litigation, including oil and gas and business owners
- Successfully defended physicians in suits involving medication allegations, emergency surgery allegations, urological surgery allegations, cardiac surgery and cardiology allegations, cancer allegations, orthopedic allegations, and birth injury allegations
- Successfully defended hospitals in suits involving cardiology allegations, brain injury allegations, and birth injury cases
- Defends Texas nursing homes, hospitals, health care providers in medical claims, lawsuits, credentials issues, professional license challenges, and professional business negotiations