Darrell G-M NogaPartner, Dallas
Darrell Noga has more than twenty-eight years of experience litigating a wide variety of cases, with an emphasis on representation of diverse governmental entities, Texas municipalities and private corporate entities in employment, civil rights, land use and other litigation, as well as in civil service matters and labor negotiations.
Principal Practice Areas
- Education: Georgetown University Law, Washington, D.C., J.D. 1984
- DePaul University, Chicago, IL, M.A. 1981 with highest honors
- DePaul University, Chicago, IL. B.A. 1979, with highest honors
Darrell has successfully tried numerous cases in state and federal courts, and has successfully argued before the Texas Supreme Court and various courts of appeal. He has been a frequent lecturer for Texas State Bar seminars and other professional groups and has served as Course Director for the Texas State Bar’s Seminar on Suing and Defending Governmental Entities. Over the years Darrell has also authored numerous articles and publications addressing diverse litigation issues and tactics, employment law topics, defense of governmental entities and many other legal issues. Darrell has been selected as panel counsel for the Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool, represents numerous Texas municipalities.
Recent Representative Matters Include;
- IHS Cedars Treatment Center Of Desoto, Texas, Inc., et al. V. Ramos, Jr., M.D., et al. v. Jodi Marie Mason, et al., Supreme Court of Texas, 143 s.w.3d 794 (2004); participated in successful oral argument before Texas Supreme Court
- Jim Sowell Construction Company v. City of Coppell; defended federal case involving Fair Housing Act claims seeking millions in damages and received defense verdict after trial
- Kristen Borth v. City of Cedar Hill; defended Title VII discrimination case in employment testing context and achieved defense verdict
- Forney Messenger, Inc., et al. v City of Forney; defended First Amendment retaliation case and achieved defense verdict
- Brown v. Dinerstein Management, Inc., et al.; won defense verdict in state court on premises liability case
- Numerous successful summary judgments and pleas to the jurisdiction
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- Bar Admissions : Texas (current) and Illinois (previous)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas City Attorneys Association
Numerous: representative samples below —
- Pleas To The Jurisdiction
- Hot Topics In Damages
- Recent Developments In Individual And Collective Rights Of Governmental Employees
- Sovereign Immunity : Bar To Damage Suits Only?
- Application Of Section 101.106 Of The Texas Tort Claims Act
- Accident Review Policies: Help Or Hindrance?