Katie CopelandAssociate, Fort Worth
Katie Copeland focuses her practice on family law, health law, and litigation. She is also a Texas qualified mediator and actively performs mediations throughout North Texas.
Katie is an active member of the Fort Worth community volunteering in many different areas including the Junior League of Fort Worth and serving on the Board of Directors for Texas Center for Arts + Academics.
Katie utilizes her personal and career experiences in providing diligent and passionate representation for her clients, whether they are hospitals or corporations seeking defense in a civil matter or individuals seeking representation in divorce, custody arrangements, adoption, and other family law concerns.
Principal Practice Areas
- Texas A&M University School of Law, J.D., 2014
– Journal of Real Property Law
– Dean’s List
– Texas Aggie Legal Society – Vice President
– Preeminent Advocate – Board of Advocates
– Student Bar Association – Elected Board Member
– Phi Delta Phi
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A. Marketing, 2006
– Business Student Council – Risk Management Chair
– Zeta Tau Alpha – Secretary
- Family Law
– Top Attorney 2017 – 360 West Magazine
– Top Attorney 2015, 2016, and 2017 – Fort Worth Magazine
– Lead attorney for cases involving divorce, custody modifications, child support, protective orders, and adoptions. Work performed includes advocating for clients at hearings, preparing & responding to discovery, participating in mediations, preparing temporary orders and decrees, and several successful results at final trial.
– Appearing for hearings, performing legal research, drafting motions, serving & responding to discovery requests, taking depositions, counseling clients, and participating in trials.
– Areas of work include medical malpractice defense, workers compensation, personal injury defense, premises liability defense, insurance defense, construction law defense, and first party insurance defense.
– Performing small claims court mediations for various courts in North Texas and completing family law mediation training in Fall 2017.
– International Mediation Finalist, 2014 International Academy of Dispute Resolution Competition
- Wills & Estates
– Experience preparing wills, trusts, and ancillary documents for individuals.
- State Bar of Texas, 2014
- Board of Directors – Executive Committee -Texas Center for Arts + Academics
- First United Methodist Church of Fort Worth – Member, Children’s Academy Teacher, and Board of Stewards 2017
- Junior League of Fort Worth – Member
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court – Associate
- Van Cliburn International Piano Competition Subcommittee Chair
- Women Steering Business
- Breakfast with the Mayor Presented by DRC Event Committee
- Performing Arts Fort Worth Young Professionals