Mary Barkley’s practice includes representation of corporate clients, developers, individuals and governmental entities in real estate transactions and disputes, including eminent domain and condemnation, lease disputes, general property disputes, and constitutional rights litigation, both at trial and on appeal.
- First chair trial and appellate experience in eminent domain and condemnation cases involving disputes over $1 million
- Prepared appellate briefing and oral argument before the Texas Supreme Court, Fort Worth Court of Appeals, Eastland Court of Appeals, Waco Court of Appeals, and other courts
- Represent municipality in drafting ordinances related to surface uses, oil and gas regulation, and zoning
- Represent individuals and governmental entities in constitutional litigation involving claims of regulatory taking, inverse condemnation, and First Amendment violations
- Negotiate and draft easements for utilities and for landowners across the State
- Represented energy company in federal court litigation regarding pipeline and wetland mitigation bank credits
- Represent landlords and tenants in lease disputes and negotiations