Sid Lange represents business and individuals in litigation matters involving business and commercial litigation, oil and gas, fiduciary issues, trust and estate litigation, construction and general civil litigation. Mr. Lange also serves as outside general counsel to a number of companies in North Texas. Mr. Lange also counsels clients on litigation avoidance through contract planning and negotiation, employment issues and dispute resolution before suit is filed.
- State-wide counsel for product manufacturer in asbestos litigation; successfully litigated docket involving over 1,000 cases filed throughout Texas and involving thousands of plaintiffs;
- Regional counsel for manufacturer of power tools and other outdoor products;
- Serves as outside general counsel to several companies located in North Texas;
- Lead trial counsel for series of litigated cases between co-trustees with dispute lasting over 10 years and involving 5 separate lawsuits; obtained summary judgment or trial verdict in favor of client in 3 of the 5 cases and the remaining two were settled favorably to the client;
- Regularly litigates oil and gas cases involving oilfield injury, contract disputes, well-bore damage and product liability claims;
- Represented major electric delivery company in easement dispute involving the placement of a private airstrip beneath a transmission line. Obtained permanent injunction following week-long jury trial and successfully upheld judgment on appeal. Fuqua v. Oncor Elec. Delivery Co., 315 S.W.3d 552 (Tex. App.—Eastland 2010, pet. denied).
- Represented former owner of wholesale and retail tire business when purchaser of business breached purchase agreement. Obtained summary judgment on the eve of trial awarding client $1.9 million and dismissing defendant’s counterclaims in excess of $2 million. Successfully upheld judgment on appeal. Shin v. Sharif, 2009 WL 1565028 (Tex. App.—Fort Worth 2009).
- Represented co-owner of home building business in dispute with partner over payment of expenses and profits;
- Represented minority shareholder in shareholder oppression suit in which client was removed from the board and terminated from executive position; obtained buyout of client’s interest and release of personal guarantee obligations on all company debt;
- Represented oil and gas producer in dispute with partner over management of company; successfully negotiated division of all company assets including all mineral interests and secured repayment of funds by former partner;
- Defended workforce housing developer against competitor’s attempted injunction to prohibit client from conducting business based upon claims for breach of fiduciary duties and theft of trade secrets; resulted in walk-away settlement after trial court denied injunction request;
- Represented owners of start-up company in lawsuit brought by former employer alleging unfair trade practices and theft of trade secrets;
- Represented equipment leasing company in dispute with equipment lessor who claimed commercial trucks and other equipment were stolen from his possession; when lessor filed for bankruptcy an objection to the discharge on the basis of fraud was filed and the stolen equipment magically reappeared;
- Represented equipment leasing company in breach of contract suit and successfully defeated counterclaim alleging improper lending practices;
Provides legal services to non-profit organizations involving a variety of matters;