Eminent Domain/Property Rights
Cantey Hanger LLP’s Eminent Domain / Property Rights practice group focuses in an area that has become much more active in the last few years.
We represent people whose properties are being condemned for various public purposes. We also represent governments and utilities possessing the power of eminent domain. Among our clients are many individual landowners with properties located in all parts of Texas as well as such entities as Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC, the City of Fort Worth, and Trinity River Authority of Texas.
Our attorneys have many years experience in advising clients on all aspects of eminent domain law including highway condemnations, gas pipelines, electric transmission lines, water and sanitary sewer lines, and virtually every type of easement. We have tried many lawsuits before juries in most counties in North and West Texas.
Cantey Hanger LLP attorneys have extensive experience regarding boundary disputes, land titles, trespass, damage to real property, and just about any dispute involving “dirt.”
Eminent Domain/Property Rights Lawyers
- Johndroe and Noga Teach Inverse Condemnation, Tort Claims Act and Governmental Immunity at TAMU School of Law.
- “JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES DETERMINED IN ADMINISTRATIVE STAGE OF TEXAS CONDEMNATIONS” by Mary Colchin Johndroe
- Fort Worth Court of Appeals Affirms Trial Court’s Judgment in Condemnation Case in Favor of Cantey Hanger Client
- Mary Colchin Johndroe to Present at the 10th Annual Eminent Domain Institute’s Conference
- “Survey Rights and Condemnation in Texas” by Mary Colchin Johndroe