Individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations each face unique taxation issues that require strategic planning and proactive resolution of controversies.
The Taxation practice of Cantey Hanger LLP constitutes one of largest and most experienced planning and dispute resolution groups in Texas. Our seasoned team of attorneys is highly experienced in all aspects of estate, gift and income taxation. We have proven legal skills, complemented by a diversity of business and financial backgrounds, including roles within international accounting firms, federal tax courts, universities and Fortune 100 companies.
We provide relevant, timely guidance to clients with regard to individual, business and estate tax planning. When controversies arise, we swiftly and effectively advocate our clients’ causes before state and federal taxing authorities. We often collaborate with our colleagues in the firm’s business law and corporate/securities practices to address business issues related to taxes, including capital formation, business transactions, compensation plans, and business organization and reorganization. We also work closely with Cantey Hanger’s Public & Regulatory practice to represent our clients’ interests before state and federal law makers, and to track and interpret tax legislation and rules. Recently, Cantey Hanger attorneys have developed an intricate understanding of the significance of the new Texas Margin Tax, and its potential impact upon countless business owners and professionals.
Specifically, Cantey Hanger has deep practice experience in:
- Business Structuring / Re-structuring Tax Matters
- Corporate Tax Matters
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Federal Administrative and Judicial Controversies
- Individual Income Tax
- IRS Audits
- Partnership Income Tax
- Securing Tax Exempt Status of Charitable Entities
- State Administrative and Judicial Controversies
Cantey Hanger attorneys counsel with an impressive array of both closely held and publicly held entities; for-profit and non-profit organizations; and high-wealth individuals and families. We represent a spectrum of clients, from start-ups to publicly held international companies, in many industries, including:
- Natural Resources/Energy
- Professional Services
- 360 West Magazine, July Edition, Names 14 Cantey Hanger Lawyers as Top Attorneys for 2017
- Appleman elected Managing Partner at Cantey Hanger
- 9 Cantey Hanger Attorneys Named Best Lawyers
- 7 Cantey Hanger Attorneys Named Best Lawyers
- Cantey Hanger Partner Michael Appleman is Elected to the Board of The Community Foundation of North Texas