David Speed represents clients in numerous industries in complex commercial litigation. His primary focus is assisting clients through difficult business divorces. With his roots in the healthcare industry, David has assisted numerous physician groups and hospitals with their litigation needs.
- Assisted a large physician group with a complicated business divorce that included numerous lawsuits, an arbitration, and a court-ordered receivership.
- Worked with physician client to create concierge and physical therapy practice.
- Won an important eviction battle involving a complex and prominent commercial/entertainment venue and received a highly contested and technical eviction. Was also able to convince the Court to issue an appeal bond much higher than the standard rate which essentially prevented the tenant from appealing.
- Successfully obtained a full dismissal of all claims by an in-state employer against an out-of-state employee, based on lack of jurisdiction.
- Successfully obtained a temporary injunction against a former employee, even though the former employee did not have a written non-competition agreement.
- Obtained evictions of multiple tenants in violation of applicable lease agreement in an efficient and dignified manner.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of client who was injured during sporting activity.