Since joining Cantey Hanger, David Speed has represented clients in complex litigation. He continues to broaden his area of practice and expertise, which now includes labor/employment, medical malpractice defense, and construction law.
- Won an important eviction battle involving a complex and prominent commercial/entertainment venue and received a highly contested and technical eviction. Was also able to convince the Court to issue an appeal bond much higher than the standard rate which essentially prevented the tenant from appealing.
- Successfully obtained a full dismissal of all claims by an in-state employer against an out-of-state employee, based on lack of jurisdiction.
- Successfully obtained a temporary injunction against a former employee, even though the former employee did not have a written non-competition agreement.
- Obtained evictions of multiple tenants in violation of applicable lease agreement in an efficient and dignified manner.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of client who was injured during sporting activity.