Robert E. Aldrich, Jr.Partner, Fort Worth
Robert was born and raised in Fort Worth. He received his undergraduate degree from Texas Christian University and his law degree from St. Mary’s University. Upon graduation from law school, Robert began his legal career at the Tarrant County District Attorney’s office where he spent two years trying many types of criminal cases. Turning his attention from criminal law to civil trial law after leaving the district attorney’s office, Robert spent 11 years at Cantey Hanger and left to form his own firm for 22 years. Robert has now returned to Cantey Hanger.
Robert is married to Erin Kane Aldrich. They have twins, Kane and Margaret.
With his sailor's eye always on the weather, Robert maintains his own weather station at his lakehouse and webcasts real-time weather reports for Lake Possum Kingdom.
Principal Practice Areas
- Texas Christian University
Fort Worth, TX
- St. Mary’s University
San Antonio, TX
Juris Doctor, 1978
Throughout his legal career, Robert has tried many different types of cases including those involving death, serious bodily injury, commercial fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, real estate disputes and the unauthorized taking of a person’s real property. Almost exclusively, he has represented the plaintiff in these matters including groups of plaintiffs in class action claims. In addition to the above, Robert represents individuals who find themselves in need of a divorce – normally cases involving substantial marital estates – and has tried a number of these cases in Tarrant and other counties.
Robert has been active in the legal and civic communities and, since 2006, has served as a board member, Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President, and President of the Tarrant County Bar Association. For the 2011-2012 bar year, Robert has served as President of the Tarrant County Bar Association. He has been elected to various boards, associations and legal foundations and continues to be active in them. Robert is board certified in both personal injury and civil trial law and speaks on these subjects.
- Tarrant County Bar Association
President, 2011 – 2012
President Elect, 2010 – 2011
Vice President, 2009 – 2010
Secretary / Treasurer, 2008 – 2009
Board Of Directors, 2006 – 2008
Chair, Election Committee, 2004 – 2005
Chair, Mentor Committee, 2006 – 2008
- State Bar Of Texas Committee
- Lawyers Creed Committee, 1990
Personal Injury Trial Law – Since 2000
Civil Trial Law – Since 1998
Professional and Community:
- Charter Fellow, Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- Tarrant County Family Bar Association
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association For Justice
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- The Association Of Trial Lawyers Of America
- American Board Of Trial Advocates
- American Inns Of Court
- Emeritus, Eldon B. Mahon Inn Of Court
- “Best” Lawyers, “Super” Lawyers, Texas (2003-2010)
- “Distinguished” Lawyers And “Pre-eminent” Lawyers In Various National, State, Regional And Local Periodicals.
- Numerous Seminars And Workshops On Trial Practice