Mr. Colpoys has over thirty-eight (38) years experience as a civil trial lawyer with a primary emphasis in professional, transportation, aviation and general liability defense.
Principal Practice Areas
Dallas, Texas 75201
His experience has included the trial of aviation, transportation, product liability, and insurance coverage disputes. These representations have included major airframe manufacturers, motor freight carriers, fixed-based operators, property owners, property management companies, airlines, attorneys and dentists as well as insurers.
- Johnston V. United States Of America, Et Al, 546 F. Supp. 879 (1982), 568 F. Supp. 351 (1983), 597 F. Supp. 374 (1984)
- Cessna Aircraft Company V. Hotton Aviation Co., Inc., 620 S.W.2d 233, Tex. App.–Eastland 1981 (Writ Ref’d N.R.E.)
- Gonzales V. Mission American Ins. Co., 795 S.W.2d 734 (Tex. 1990).
- •General Motors Corporation And Rawson-Koenig, Inc. V. Hudiburg Chevrolet, Inc. And Hudiburg Chevrolet Holding, Inc., 199 S. W. 3d No. 2 249, (Tex. 2006)
- State Bar of Texas
- The Supreme Court of United States
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- All United States District Courts in Texas
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Dallas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Recognized as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” by Woodward/White, Inc. in Aviation Law.
- Baylor University School of Law Juris Doctor, 1978
- Texas A&M University, 1973-1976