- Fort Worth
Robert was born and raised in Fort Worth. He received his undergraduate degree from Texas Christian University and his law degree from St. Mary’s University. Upon graduation from law school, Robert began his legal career at the Tarrant County District Attorney’s office where he spent two years trying many types of criminal cases. Turning his attention from criminal law to civil trial law after leaving the district attorney’s office, Robert spent 11 years at Cantey Hanger and left to form his own firm for 22 years. Robert has now returned to Cantey Hanger.
Throughout his legal career, Robert has tried many different types of cases including those involving death, serious bodily injury, commercial fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, real estate disputes as well as condemnation matters. Almost exclusively, he has represented plaintiffs in these matters including groups of plaintiffs. In addition to the above, Robert regularly represents individuals who find themselves in need of a divorce – normally cases involving substantial marital estates – and has tried a number of these cases to juries in Tarrant and other counties.
Principal Practice Areas
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
Throughout his legal career, Robert has tried many commercial and fiduciary cases including the representation of plaintiffs in securities matters, estate and will contests, fraud claims, DTPA claims, and many types of construction issues. His family law practice includes cases involving substantial estates with complex legal issues. Robert also handles personal injury claims involving serious bodily injury as well as death cases.
Robert has been active in the legal and civic communities and, since 2006, has served as a board member, Secretary/Treasurer, Vice President, and President of the Tarrant County Bar Association. For the 2011-2012 bar year, Robert served as President of the Tarrant County Bar Association. He has been elected to various boards, associations and legal foundations and continues to be active in them. Robert is board certified in both personal injury and civil trial law and speaks on these subjects.
- Licensed by the State Bar of Texas on November 6, 1978
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Federal Claims, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Certification in Civil Trial Law, 1998
Personal Injury Trial Law, 2000
- American Board Of Trial Advocates
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Inns Of Court, Emeritus, Eldon B. Mahon Inn
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Texas, District 7 Director, 2012-2015; Member: Litigation and Family Law sections
- Charter Fellow, Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- Tarrant County Bar Association
Vice President, 2009-2010
Board of Directors, 2006-2008
Chair, Election Committee, 2004-2005
Chair, Mentor Committee, 2006-2008
- Tarrant County Family Bar Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America 2019 Edition by Woodward/White, Inc. in Commercial Litigation and Family Law
- “Best” Lawyers, “Super” Lawyers, Texas (2003-2019)
- “Distinguished” Lawyers And “Pre-eminent” Lawyers In Various National, State, Regional and Local Periodicals.
- Recognized as a “Texas Super Lawyer” in General Litigation by Texas Monthly Magazine in the special September/October issue, 2018-2021.
- Recognized in Fort Worth Inc. Magazine for being a “Top Attorney”.
- Texas Christian University
Fort Worth, TX
- St. Mary’s University
San Antonio, TX
Juris Doctor, 1978
- Numerous Seminars And Workshops On Trial Practice
- 10 Cantey Hanger attorneys named Super Lawyers
- 12 Cantey Hanger Lawyers Named as Top Attorneys in Fort Worth Magazine
- 11 Cantey Hanger attorneys named Super Lawyers
- Cantey Hanger Attorneys Listed in Fort Worth Inc. Magazine
- 15 Cantey Hanger attorneys named Super Lawyers
- ‘Best Lawyers’ recognizes 11 Cantey Hanger LLP attorneys
- 13 Cantey Hanger Attorneys Listed at “Top Attorneys” in the 360West July, 2018 Publication
- Veteran Trial Lawyer Robert Aldrich Returns to Cantey Hanger